The Careers and Employability Service
The Careers and Employability Service is here to support you throughout your time studying with us and for three years after you graduate. It is available to all University of Sunderland in London and Main Campus students.
We offer one-to-one appointments for:
- One-to-one careers advice and guidance
- Careers information and resources
- Support with internships and job search
- Help finding voluntary work
- Help with CVs, covering letter and job applications
- Psychometric and ability testing
- Job interview practice
We also run careers workshops on a variety of subjects throughout the term.
Careers Workshops include:
- CV writing
- Cover letters and application forms
- Job interview skills (+ professional practise)
- Using social media for job search
- Presentation skills
- Professional communication: Letters and Emails
- Networking and job search skills
Please look under ‘Careers Workshops’ on the main menu to see what is going on this month.
We have various other external speakers and trainer to the university to enhance your experience and understanding of employment.
Past speakers have included:
- Ernst and Young: Successful attitudes
- ACCA: Careers in finance
- Aspire: Women in business
- Hilton: Working in HR
- Baxter Storey: Careers in contract catering
- Marriott Hotel and Goring Hotels: Careers in the 5* hotel industry
- Team London: Developing skills through volunteering
To make an appointment, please either:
- call into the careers office on the fourth floor
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Careers Office is located in the fourth floor library area next to the International Office.