We all get nervous at the prospect of a job interview but you can try to minimise this by effective preparation. Here are a few tips:
1) Prepare - of course! That is what this is all about. The better prepared you are, the better you will feel.
2) Don't wait until the last minute to do your preparation. Find some time the night before to relax: have a bath, meditate, go for run - whatever it is you do to be calm.
3) Look up the address, perhaps even street-view the building on Google maps so you know what you will be looking for. Ensure you know what you travel arrangements are and check there aren't any tube strikes, engineering work, traffic issues on that day.
4) Walk slowly to the location, speak slowly, breath slowly. When you calm yourself down physically, you do the same mentally.
5) Take long deep breaths before you enter the building. Remember, interviews often start the minute you walk through the door and the receptionist may have also been asked to feedback on your behaviour.
6) Remember that in some situations, the interviewer may also be inexperienced ... and a little nervous too.
Do you have any other tips for staying calm? Please let us know!